“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” Jim Valvano
“To Timothy, my dear son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank God…as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason, I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline…He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus …our Savior…” 2 Tim 1:2-9 NIV
Think about the blessing you wished you’d gotten from your father or mother. Remember how God the Father said of Jesus, “This is my Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Who is God asking you to bless? A child or grandchild? Spouse? Someone without a parent in his or her life?
Pray about the persons you want to affirm and bless by asking for God’s very best in their heart and life.
Think about the blessing you wished you’d gotten from your father or mother.Pray about a person you want to affirm and bless by asking for God’s very best in their heart and life.
Talk to God about this. Do the following for the person you want to bless:
- Write down one sentence about how you love and are pleased with him or her.
- One sentence about their identity.
- One sentence about their mission.
- One sentence about God’s control and benevolence in their life.
- Pray that blessing for them privately for a period.
- Let God tell you when you should create a special time to bless them by putting your hand on them and praying the blessing out loud. Or, write it in a letter and send it to them.
To get this video and devotional guide delivered to your inbox each Monday, SUBSCRIBE TODAY.
To get your copy of Facing the Blitz CLICK HERE