“We always pay dearly for chasing after that which is cheap.” ~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil. Proverbs 4:25-27 NLT
Consider how the following statements reflect ways you get distracted?:
• I often get distracted by my own version of “free golf balls in the bushes”.
• I get distracted by stupid articles and photos at the bottom of news articles luring me to click and run down a crooked path of curiosity or lust.
• I get distracted by the urgent and easy at work, instead of focusing on the difficult and crucial.
• I get distracted by the events of life and forget to focus on my wife…her feelings, her needs, and our conversations.
1. What are the false prizes you’re tempted to run after and which lead you “into the weeds”?
2. What are your sidetracks…the weeds and bushes that you get into?
3. What is the “poison ivy” rash that messes up your life, the price you pay later for chasing after what is cheap?
What is your straight path? What is the safe and positive path for you?
Make up your mind now how you will resist the stupid path of running after junk?
Start each day with a goal and request to please God and increase your ability to love and enjoy your spouse and kids.
To get this video and devotional guide delivered to your inbox each Monday, SUBSCRIBE TODAY.
To get your copy of Facing the Blitz CLICK HERE